Fuzz B Store

Blue Fuzzy Slipper

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mini Crochet Thread Rooster







At the beginning of the month, my husband and I went to Texas with our children. This was their very first time on an airplane. The boys were a bit afraid at first, but did extremely well once we were in the air. This trip wouldn't have been possible, if it weren't for my Mother-in-law in Texas. She flew us out there as a surprise for my Father-in-law, who hasn't seen our children in about 6 years.

This trip was amazing. The kids had a blast and we spent some very much needed time with the family. After the few days we were there, it was time to come home and say goodbye to the family. Boy, was it hard to say goodbye!

After spending a couple of days back at home, I started thinking... What would be a great way to thank my Mother-in-law than to make her something special. That's where this little rooster comes in. I sat here and thought about how I wanted him to look and started working on him. No pattern, no picture. Just my fingers and my thoughts.

Once he was finished, the above is what came to be....
He took me one week to make. (Would have been less, but with the kids...) My husband went and bought a cute little wooden box for the rooster to go in and he mailed him off to my Mother-in-law.
Needless to say, she was very touched and surprised at how small my little guy is. So, mission accomplished! I made her smile!
Now, I'm working on another surprise for her as a birthday gift and need to get it done before the end of next week.
Pray!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment