Fuzz B Store

Blue Fuzzy Slipper

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Simple Amish Christmas and Kindle

Ok... It has been a very hard month of November for me personally. On Nov. 15th, I lost my beloved best friend of 17 years. My sweet kitty, Sandra, passed away during the night. She was one of two that helped me some very difficult times in my life. Saw me through a divorce, the loss of my first child, the loss of my Grandmother, extreme stress of two private schools treating my twins like they were nothing but gum on the bottom of their shoes and the almost loss of my home. My Sandra always knew when I needed love or extra attention. She always took naps with me, but kept her head on my hands until I fell asleep, or licked my face to tell me she loved me. As I sit here and type this, I still see her beautiful face and hear that soft purr that would greet me every time I picked her up. One couldn't have asked for a better friend. I am so lucky to have had the time I had with her, but also that I am even more lucky to have my other best friend, Doobie, who is 19 years old. He too is having a hard time with this great loss, but we help each other every day, by sitting together and just being together.

During such a hard time, my wonderful in-laws tell me that they want to make my Christmas wish come true. They sent me a Kindle as an early Christmas gift. Words can not express how grateful I am to them for such an amazing gift. I received my Kindle two days after Sandra's passing. With my husband's insistance, I opened the box way too early for Christmas gifts, but I am so glad I didn't wait. It was just the perfect thing to help me take my mind off of things.

Two days after I got my Kindle, I took it with me to our Thursday's therapy session for the boys. This thing is AMAZING!!! The very first book I downloaded was a free book (for a Limited Time) called "A Simple Amish Christmas" by Vannetta Chapman.

This book is a MUST read! When you need something to help lift you up and show you hope... This is the perfect read! This was my very first book about Amish life, so it took some getting use to of the words, but once you start reading, everything just fits into place, keeping you wanting more. Now I am just patiently waiting for another of her books to come out. :o)  Go check it out!!!

Until next time...

Happy Holidays and Stay Safe during the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment